Among the most sought-after tech skills for 2020 is said to be data analysis, and employers are willing to provide exceptionally competitive salaries. It’s not surprising that too many professionals want to change careers because a career in data offers good employment opportunities. But as we all know, changing careers isn’t only about money and job stability; it’s also about finding a career path you’ll enjoy and be competent at. Most renowned universities are offering data analytics courses to train passionate students and help them get started in this direction. Here is the list of some pointers that might inspire you to initiate this journey now:
- Diverse backgrounds: Data analysts possess a quite diverse range of experiences. Anyone can become a data analyst if they put in the effort, even though many data analysts originate from more quantitative or technical backgrounds. There are so many successful individuals, who previously worked in the fields of branding, sales, education, service quality, economics, engineering, Performance management, and IT.
- High salary package: Data analysts are highly sought after. Data analysts are in high demand, and employers are having difficulty filling positions. According to a report by Talent, senior data analysts may make up to $78,204 a year, while the typical junior data analyst’s pay is $51,349.
- Data analysts are continuously updating: Data analysis advances swiftly, and professionals continue to grow significantly. As a data analyst, there is essentially no restriction to just how much you can enhance your abilities and advance in your profession.
- No limitations for switching industries: Data analysts can be employed by several industries. You can work as a data analyst for small businesses, advertising agencies, major corporations, or even as a freelancer. All types of firms who wish to learn more about their operations, clients, and industry can make use of your talents.
- Future leaders: The future is being shaped by data analysts. Nearly all businesses gather client data, and it is becoming more and more critical to understand how to properly evaluate this data. Analysts of data describe how an organization is now run. They are responsible for keeping an eye out for modifications, seeing patterns, and noticing abnormalities that indicate how a business or organization is doing.
- Problem-solving is their passion: Problem-solving and creative thinking are key components of the fast-paced, demanding field of data analytics. As a data analyst, you will collaborate with a variety of teams who need your expertise to continue providing the information and insight on how they can enhance their operations.
- The potential to have an effect: Analytics is essential for the decision-making process. You have the chance to influence corporate strategy as a data analyst and directly affect how the company develops. By collaborating closely with major stakeholders and applying your knowledge to provide advice on the best strategy, you’ll get to the core of difficult business issues. You will directly contribute to the company’s progress in this way, which is a very fulfilling role to be in.
Qualified data analysts are in high demand, as previously stated, and there is some industry-wide fear that there aren’t enough qualified people to fulfill these positions. So, if you are planning to jump into this profession, then you must start by signing up for a specialized course in data analytics now!