OPD is an abbreviation of Out Patient Department, which is a new coverage, offered under the health insurance policies from insurance providers. Most health insurance plans are known for its hospitalization expenses coverage and this reduces the chance of coverage for Out Patient Department expenses.
Before mentioning the list of top health insurance plans that offer OPD coverage, read what all expenses are included under OPD coverage.
Health insurance plan with OPD coverage offers health check-ups expenses, doctor’s consultation fees, medication bills, dental treatment expenses, diagnostic tests charges, etc.
You May Like : Best Personal Finance Blogs in India
Why it is Important to Buy Health Insurance Plan with OPD Coverage
- Health Insurance plans that offer OPD cover helps you to avail the claim expenses along with the hospitalization expenses.
- When you compare the health plan with OPD coverage with regular health insurance policies, you will find greater benefits such as tax benefits associated with these plans. You can claim tax deduction for the premium paid towards such health insurance policies.
- Almost every health insurance policies that offer OPD coverage, provides reimbursement option for the expenses incurred multiple times during the policy tenure.
- Out Patient Health Services include a great number of benefits and hence greater number of transactions. This feature makes the value of a health insurance policy that offers OPD cover higher than that of a regular health insurance plan.
- Regular health insurance policies offer coverage only for 24 hours hospitalization, but under the plan that covers OPD expenses.
- You can file a claim for OPD expenses within 90 days of issuance of the health insurance policy
Here is a list of top health insurance plans which includes OPD procedure:
|Insurer and Plan Name||Features|
|Bajaj Allianz Tax Gain Plan||
|ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus Plan||
|Apollo Munich Maxima Plan||
|Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum Plan||
|SBI General Arogya Plus Policy||