In general, our skin consists of three layers – the outer layer, the middle layer, and the innermost layer. For a normal interval, the epidermis or the outer layer is replaced with a new layer of skin and the dead skin begins to peel off. And people common know that this is quite natural healing process of your body except for excessive peeling on the face or other parts of the body. Peeling skin is common in people with dry skin, sunburn, side effects of some chemicals or medications. Besides, extreme weather conditions, allergies, eczema, dermatitis or a weak immune system are also popular causes which worsen the status and all you want is to get rid of them as soon as possible. In order to achieve this, you just have to follow these simple steps to speed up the healing process.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil has fatty acids that work as an effective moisturizer for dry skin. For the best results of using olive oil, you should try some below methods:
- Firstly, you can slight warm some olive oil in a microwave then rub this oil on the affected area and massage it gently to deep the oil inside the skin. Repeat this process three times a day until the condition improves remarkably.
- The second way you should know is to create a thick paste by mixing two tablespoons of salt with proper the amount of olive oil and then you can use this paste to exfoliate the dead skin cells.
- For better results, you can mix the lavender and olive oil. Why does it work effectively? With the presence of polyphenols, olive oil helps your skin counteract the damage caused by the ultraviolet (UV). Moreover, lavender oil has been used commonly to treat a lot of skin conditions because of its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps your skin to reduce irritation caused by the dryness. Massage your skin with this mixture and wipe off the excess oil at the same time with a washcloth. How often can you do this? It is advised that this combination can replace daily moisturizer so you may feel free to use it every single day.
Apart from that, olive oil is a good solution to help get rid of water out of your ears.
2. Moisturize your skin
After taking a bath and dry your skin, you should apply a moisturizing lotion. And according to some doctors, the best choice is kind of lotion which is designed for sunburn or peeling skin only. In general, the lotion including Aloe Vera will cool your skin as well as reduce inflammation and slow the peeling process so this is a natural way to solve the problem well.
3. Aloe Vera
As mentioned above, Aloe Vera also has some effects on peeling skin treatment because of its soothing and moisturizing properties. Therefore, you can try this home remedy for peeling skin cure. All you have to do is mix two tablespoons of aloe vera and a little vitamin E oil. Then apply this mixture directly on the peeling areas, leave it dry completely and rinse it off with warm water to remove any sticky residue. Follow this remedy two or three times a day for at least one week.
4. Lemon and sugar scrub
Lemon juice is normally known as a chemical exfoliator but when combining with sugar, this mixture is a natural scrub for your skin that works both physically and chemically to eliminate peeling skin. Firstly, you should mix ½ cup of sugar with a half of lemon juice to form a thick paste. Then rub the mixture gently on the affected skin with circular motions. After that, leave it dry for several minutes and rinse away with cold water.
Cucumber contains a high water content that can help hydrate as well as cool irritated skin. It also consists of vitamin C which can help your skin to heal itself. There are two ways to create effectively cucumber treatment:
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and one peeled cucumber to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it about 10 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. Remember to practice this method once daily to get the good results.
- Grind one cucumber into a paste then apply directly this paste to your skin. Leave it in place for 15-20 minutes. After finishing, you should rinse it with warm water.
It is good for you to use an exfoliator while you are taking a bath or right after you finish washing the skin. This will help you with the duty of removing any flaky and peeling skin. There are two types of exfoliators: physical and chemical. For the chemical exfoliator, the best choice still is pineapple or papaya with a lot of fruit enzymes. About physical exfoliator, you should choose smooth beads instead of rough granules for the best results.