Credit Cards In India
With the advancement of time, credit cards have left a lasting impression on our lives. Those days have gone where people cannot buy something they wish for if their budgets won’t allow, now with the invention of credit cards, it makes easier for the people to purchase a product now and pay their cost at easy EMI’s (Equated Monthly Installments).
Looking at the present scenario it won’t be wrong to say that to have a credit card is a must to have in your pocket. Almost every bank offers the facility of credit card. What makes the difference between them is the cashback they can provide on the purchase of fuel or the offers they can give on shopping, traveling, etc. or the reward points they offer.
Top Ten Credit Cards in India
Below is a list of top 10 credit cards in India which can be selected on the basis of perks, preference and the rewards points they offer.
- HDFC Bank Credit Card
- ICICI Credit Card
- SBI Credit Card
- Axis Bank Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Credit Card
- Citibank Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Reward
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium
- American Express Gold Card
- Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
Lets read details about features of Best 10 Credit Cards in India
HDFC Bank Credit Card
- From annual fees of 0 to 5,000, HDFC Bank Credit Card provides customers with the relaxation and ease to apply.
- HDFC Bank Dinner Club Miles Card, HDFC Bank Money Back Card, HDFC Bank Platinum Times Card are some of the variants of HDFC Bank Credit Card.
- From traveling to dining to fuel to flights to shopping, HDFC Bank Credit Cards excel in every field.
- 10X Rewards on the purchase on birthdays, welcoming gift, extra discounts on purchasing on shopping sites, and many more are the offers provided by the HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
ICICI Credit Card
- Maintenance and/or joining fees vary from nil to 5,000.
- The name different ICICI Credit Card Names are ICICI Platinum Chip Card, ICICI Bank Jet Airways Sapphiro, Ferrari Platinum Card, ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Card, etc.
- Gives lubricating offers like 2 BookmyShow movie tickets every month, 1% fuel surcharge, 10,000 welcoming bonus, 15% savings on dining in up to 800 restaurants in India and many more.
SBI Credit Card
SBI Credit Card offers a wide range of Credit Cards for customers to choose the best for them according to their convenience.
- Maintenance and/or joining fees of different SBI Credit Cards vary from 499 to 4,999
- Provide Credit Cardsin various names such as SBI card Elite, BPCL SBI Card, Yatra SBI Card, SBI Card Prime,etc.
- Gives offers on travelling, dining, fuel recharge, movie tickets, reward points and many more.
Axis Bank Credit Card
Axis Bank Credit Card offers vivid options of credit cards to their customers so that they can opt one among the many which are suitable for their requirements.
- The joining and maintenance fees for Axis Bank Credit Cards vary from 100 to 10,000 depending upon the Axis Bank Credit Cards which the customer wants to opt.
- Certain names of Axis bank credit cards are Axis Bank Vistara Credit Card, Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card, Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card, etc.
- Offers on Axis Bank Credit Cards include 1,000 flippant vouchers as a welcoming gift if the Axia Bank Credit Card holder make 3 purchases within 45 days of the activation of the card, reward points, 1% fuel surcharge and many more.
Induslnd Bank Credit Card
- Joining fee and maintenance fees vary from 200 to 1,00,000 depending upon the IndusInd Bank Credit Card.
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card, IndusInd Bank Indulge Credit Card, IndusInd Bank Signature Credit Card, etc are some of the names of the variant of IndusInd Bank Credit Card available for the customers.
- Satya Paul vouchers as a welcoming gift, not pre-set limit on spending, get one movie ticket free on the purchase of one movie ticket on booking made through BookMyShow app, 1% fuel surcharge and many more offers available at IndusInd Bank Credit Cards.
Citibank Credit Card
- Maintainance and/or joining fees of various Citibank Credit cards vary from 500 to 20,000
- Citibank gives customers a wide range of credit cards viz, Citibank Prestige Card, Citibank Corporate Card, Citi® Cashback Credit Card, etc.
- Citibank Credit Cards can be used for shopping, buying groceries, making payments on the telephone bills, utility bills and endless offers to count on.
Standard Chartered Platinum Reward
Shopping with Credit Cards become more interesting when you start earning while shopping! With Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Card, you can learn while spending. The key features of Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Card are given below:
- The maintenance and joining fees of Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Card are 250 which is waived off when you reach a total spending of 30,000 or above.
- Standard Chartered Platinum Card gives reward point of 1,000 and 500 BookMyShow vouchers.
- For every transaction of 150, you earn 1 reward point which equals to .30.
- You can also fuel up reward points by making your transactions at hotels, restaurants, dining and fuel.
- Offers you an endless discount on dining, hotels, fuel, shopping, etc.
- Being a contactless credit card, you do not need to hand over your card to make any payments.
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium
- The maintenance and joining fees of Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Card are 750 which is waived off when you reach a total spending of 60,000 or above.
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card give you 1,000 BookMyShow vouchers.
- For every transaction of 150, you earn 1 reward point.
- By using Standard Chartered Duper Value Titanium Card for payments on telecom and utility bill, you will instantly receive 5% cashback.
- You can earn 5% cash back on your fuel transaction through Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card.
- By being a part of Standard Chartered Life Programme you can get access to many discounts on shopping, travelling, dining, etc.
American Express Gold Card
American Express Gold Card is a card with mabt features. The eligibility criteria of American Express Gold Card is:
- The applicant should be more than 18 years of age
- In the case of the self-employed, the applicant should have a working history of at least 1 year.
- Moreover, the applicant should have a good credit history, failing which he/she would not be eligible.
Features of American Express Gold Card are:
- Maintenance or annual fee for the 1st year is 1,000 excluding taxes and 4,500 excluding taxes for the preceding years.
- American Express Gold Card holders will get 1000 reward points if they make tractions worth 1,000 or above for 6 or more times.
- American Express Gold Card holders will also get 5,000 reward points for renewing their American Express Gold Card after the first year of purchase and the amount will be credited in their card within 90 working days.
- American Express Gold Card holders can earn between 200-500 cash back with their every transaction on domestic flights whether one way or two when booked through MakeMyTrip. Moreover, 5-6% cashback on bad fare for booking international flights. And many other offers on international or domestic hotel bookings, etc.
Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card is specially designed for the movie lovers. The Kotak PVR Credit card came into existence with the successful partnership between Kotak Mahindra Bank and PVR Cinemas.
It gives lubricating offers which are hard to resist like,
- Annual maintenance charge is ₹499
- Providing the facility of add-on cards for family members of the cardholder and can also track their spending separately through the facility of online account.
- Claim insurance worth ₹75,000 in case of lost or stolen Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card.
- Get 1PVR cinema ticket free for purchase on ₹10,000 and 2 PVR tickets on the purchase on or above ₹15,000