Nobody wants to visit a Hospital, Right? But when we do, we find ourselves under a huge financial strain. It is uncertain times like these when the best Health insurance comes in handy. The current Covid-19 pandemic taught us that medical emergencies can arise anytime unexpectedly. A best Health insurance plan is a must now.
When we hear the phrase best Health insurance Policy we often get confused, but Don’t worry! We are here to help you to know everything about Health Insurance and the best health insurance policy.
What is Health Insurance?
A health insurance policy is a type of investment that can be used in medical emergencies. You go with the best Health Insurance policy plan of a company, pay the minimum amount according to the best health insurance plan of your choice. the payment can be monthly or yearly or according to the offers provided by different companies
The best Health insurance plan can cover your Hospitalization fee, consultation fee, Surgery fee, post-surgery care cost, and so on. At the time of a medical emergency, you have to inform the health insurance company and claim the benefit. It will cover the hospitalization-related expenses on your behalf.
You don’t have to worry about monetary issues. Just make sure that the said hospital is under the network of your health Insurance company.
Remember that each Health insurance company provides its own best Health Insurance health Plan so While opting for the best Health insurance policy, make sure you choose the best health insurance plan that can help you in unforeseen circumstances.
Top Reasons to have a Health Insurance
The main reasons to have a best health insurance are:
- Cost-effective – Getting Health treatment in good hospitals is quite expensive but with the help of the best Health insurance policy one can get a quality care package with no-cost.
- No added monetary strain during health emergencies – We all know the stress that comes with hospitalization but with the help of the best Health insurance plan, one does not have to worry about the cost of treatment. That is a big plus point knowing that the treatment is costly.
- No need to worry about expensive medical care – We all worry about the medical expenses that we can not afford. But with the best Health insurance Plan, we can easily cover the costly medical bills. Let’s be clear. We all know how much toll medical bills can take on our savings.
- The best treatment with Best facilities – Who does not want a quality treatment. With the help of a health plan, you can get quality care easily.
- Need of the hour – As we all know how much Covid-19 has changed the definition of health emergency so we need to prepare ourselves.
Benefits of Health Insurance Plan in India
The main benefits of buying a health Insurance plan in India are:
- Complete Financial Coverage in Medical expenses – While visiting hospitals you don’t have to worry about paying out of your pocket. Getting a Health plan is the best gift you can give yourself.
- Out-patient and In-patient medical cost coverage – Visiting the hospital for a consultation or surgery, all you have to do is inform the hospital about your health policy. Health care check-up coverage sounds as easy as cake.
- Emergency financial support – During unforeseen circumstances the best Health insurance policy works as a boon as it provides us Financial Flexibility.
- Pre and post-existing disease health insurance coverage – Many health policies provide a hundred percent coverage to pre-existing and post-existing disease treatment within an affordable amount.
- Tax relaxation – Under section 80D of the Income-tax act there is a tax relaxation when it comes to the best health insurance policy so you don’t have to worry about tax deduction while paying for any best health insurance policy.
- Extension of your best health insurance policy with a bonus – If in any given year you don’t claim your insurance then the amount of insurance is increased by the margin of 5% for the first year and then by 10% in the following years. This benefit is up to 50%.
- Eligible for Lifetime Renewability – Often we wonder about the limitations of our health insurance policy but no need to worry about it as Health insurance companies are supposed to provide lifetime Health Insurance coverage. So you can opt for the best health insurance plan and not worry about the expiration date and old age.
Top Health Insurance Plans in India
As we have already informed you about the importance of the best Health Insurance Plan, now it is important to know which Health insurance companies are providing India’s best insurance health plan. We often get confused with these technical terms because it is too difficult to search for information about the best health insurance policy and a health plan that helps you. A health plan can be different according to age, requirement, and accessibility.
Comparison for buying the best Health insurance policy of your choice
For selecting a Health plan and the best health insurance policy of your choice you need to know what exactly are your requirements. for example If you are an office worker, you need an amount that does not strain your financial stability but provides your best health plan in the budget. That’s why we are here to help you so you can choose the best Health insurance plan that would be best for you. You need not worry, you can trust the reliability of our platform. We will help you to know how you can know the difference between numerous Health plans. You can easily compare these Health insurance Plans here and choose a health plan that suits you best. No need to scroll through the various website because we have collected data that tells you about India’s top 10 best health insurance plans provided by Health insurance companies in India.
Here is the list of the top 10 best health insurance plans provided by an Indian health insurance company.
|Name of the insurance company||Plan||Amount to be insured|
|Aditya Birla health insurance||Active assure diamond plan||From 2 lakh to 2 crore|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||Health guard plan||From 1.5 lakh to 50 lakh|
|Digital health insurance||Digital health insurance plan||From 2 lakh to 25 lakh|
|Kotak Mahindra health insurance||Kotak Health premier plan||–|
|National health insurance||National Parivar Mediclaim plus||The maximum limit is 50 lakh|
|Oriental health insurance||Individual Mediclaim Health plan||From 1 lakh to 10 lakh|
|Tata AIG Health Insurance||Tata AIG Medicare Plan||From 2 lakh to 10 Lakh|
|SBI health insurance||Arogya Premier policy||From 10 lakh to 30 lakh|
|Star Health Insurance||Family Health Optima Insurance||From 1 lakh to 25 lakh|
|Reliance Health insurance||Critical illness Insurance||From 5 lakh to 10 lakh|
Covered under in a Health Insurance Plan
Inclusions of health insurance refer to the benefits that you get within the duration of your Health Insurance policy. We know that health expense coverage is the reason we are opting for the best health insurance policy in the first place.
Here are some benefits you get with the help of your best Health Insurance policy-
- Annual Health Check Plan- Some Health Insurance companies include yearly Health care check-up in their Health plans.
- Medical expenses for daycare procedure- Health insurance companies provide daytime health care treatment coverage that doesn’t require Hospitalization. It includes Minor Surgeries. For example, minor eye-related surgery and also other common surgeries mentioned in your health insurance plan policy.
- Expenditure during inpatient hospitalization- Expenditure that occurs during the short or long stays during hospitalization is provided by a Health insurance plan. The expenditure can be claimed by the insured from the insurer, The health insurance company will cover the hospitalization expenditure.
- Coverage to Pre and post diagnosed disease or illness- If you are still thinking of buying the best health insurance policy for yourself then it is not too late. You do not have to worry about the pre-existing condition that you did not know or ignored about. Your health plan can cover any diagnosed disease or illness without any time prerequisite.
- Cost of emergency ambulance services- The cost coverage for ambulance service is provided by the health insurance company. The term and conditions can differ from one company to another.
- Pre and Post Natal care- Cost of delivery and expenses occurred during pregnancy are also provided by the health insurance company but this facility is provided by a few Health insurance companies.
- Cost coverage for different medical tests- Before a hospitalization, one needs to run tests like blood tests, CT scans, or X-rays or go through other mandatory health check-ups for the diagnosis of a disease. Even expenses that occurred after the discharge from the hospital are covered under the best health insurance policy of your choice.
- Medical care at home- A best Health insurance plan provides you coverage for the medical expenditure while getting treatment at home.
- Coverage under AYUSH scheme- Expenses for getting treatment under the Ayush scheme are also borne out by the Health insurer ( Health insurance Company). This includes Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani or Siddha treatment for a definite period of time.
Not Covered under in a Health Insurance Plan
You have to know one thing that not all costs are covered by your health insurance company. Few things do not come under your health insurance policy, this is generally known as exclusions. It means that your health insurance company will not pay for some specific expenses.
- If there is no accidental emergency then the claim for health insurance cost coverage for the first 30 days is not covered.
- A waiting period exists to claim coverage for any serious illness or pre-existing health conditions.
- If you get injured during any activity that is caused by War or Nuclear activity or any suicide attempt.
- Any disease that is incurable or is going to lead to someone’s death, is not covered by the health insurance policy.
- Any expense related to eyes or dental conditions is not covered by a health insurance plan.
- Any illness that is common like cold, cough, sore throat, or any rehabilitation rest is not covered under the health insurance policy.
- Expenses during post-care are not covered under the health insurance plan.
- Remember to read the terms and conditions to know the inclusions and exclusions of your health insurance policy while opting for health insurance.
Things to note before opting for a Health Insurance Plan
You must consider the points given below before buying the best Health Insurance policy to save yourself from any unnecessary trouble-
- The Coverage range- Before buying a health plan you must make sure the areas are covered under the best health insurance plan. This depends on the amount you can insure for a specific health policy. You have to make sure that the benefits provided under your best health insurance plan cover the necessary demands of your choice. During the pandemic, health insurance companies are also providing coverage for the treatment of Covid-19.
- The amount to be insured- To Buy a policy, you must make sure how much you are willing to invest in a health plan because this is a crucial factor that decides the nature of your best health insurance plan and the coverage provided under it.
With the rising cost of medical facilities, it is recommended to opt for a policy that has a minimum health insurance plan of 10 lacs. This amount can be raised to 1 crore. To put it simply, a higher amount insured guarantees better health coverage.
- Policy type- Policy is something that will provide you with different options. You choose a health plan that is affordable and relevant to your needs. For example, there is an Insurance policy for senior citizens, for individuals, for family, and also for a particular illness.
Myths about Health Insurance
Okay, so this is something we hear from We know it all people who think that investing in health policy is a waste or risky or not worth it. Some common questions that pop up in our head are answered below to clear any doubts-
1. I don’t need health insurance because I am healthy and I care for my health.
If you are healthy then heads up but health insurance is not only for diseases or illnesses only. It is also for any accident that can happen without any prior notice. It also applies to your health, with a shifting change in our environment, we may not know when we are going to have a health issue.
2. I am a smoker or I consume alcohol so I can’t buy health insurance!
This confusion bothers many smokers and people who drink alcohol. They think that there is not any health plan that covers them. But this is not true as many Health Insurance companies provide health coverage to smokers and alcohol consumers. To get the benefits of a health plan, these people have to go through a strict medical examination.
3. The only Hospitalization will be covered under the Health insurance plan!
There is a cost coverage for hospitalization for more than 24 hours but at present, there are many health insurance policies that cover outpatient and minor surgeries.
4. My company covers my Health insurance, I don’t have to worry!
That is the biggest misunderstanding you have there! While it is okay to be happy about the health plan insurance provide by your company, it comes with a limited range of cost coverage. The health insurance provided by your employer will not cover any family members nor it can provide coverage for any critical health condition.
Which factors affect Health Insurance Policy Premium
The best health insurance policy works as a support system in any health emergency so it is important to know the key factors that are considered by Health Insurance companies before selling a Health Plan Policy.
- Medical History of buyer- All the past-related medical factors are considered of the buyer for the eligibility to get the best health insurance policy by the health plan provider.
- Your gender and age- Best Health insurance policy premiums are available at a comparatively low price for women and young applicants. It is good if you get a health plan at a young age. Old age people are prone to have diseases so their health plan is high.
- Policy Term- There are many policy terms available for different time slots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Diseases that are not covered under a Health Insurance Policy?
Ans. Life-threatening diseases that can not be cured like AIDS, diseases that are venereal in nature, STDs, dental related treatment.
Q2. How to choose health insurance coverage?
Ans. Based on your lifestyle, profession, existing health conditions, medical history, age, and so on.
Q3. For pre-existing diseases, can I have the best health insurance policy of my choice?
Ans. As we told you that a health plan can cover any pre-existing health issues, it comes with a twist. While filling the personal information form, you need to state clearly all the pre-existing health conditions that you are suffering from otherwise you can not claim coverage to any unmentioned pre-health conditions.
Q4. I have the best health insurance policy, I do not have to worry about “any” other expenses?
Ans. Not all expenses are covered even with a health insurance policy because even the best health insurance policy has a particular area where it can provide financial assistance. That is why it is important to read all the areas of assistance that are provided under a health insurance policy.
Q5. Do I get Coverage for surgeries and modern medical treatment with the best health insurance policy?
Ans. Definitely yes!