With multiple choices available in the market today for the people looking to backup up their data, all with their own benefits and disadvantages. This is typically true for ransom ware. Take for example, that the user is taking the back up of the computer data to via an external hard drive, but leave that drive connected when not doing backup, some ransom ware will try to encrypt those backup data as well so it advisable to always disconnect backup drives when the backup has finished.
There are plenty of choices available for the users looking to Data backup davie, all with their own pros and cons.
- USB stick : Usually an acronym for universal serial bus USB stick is small, cheap and convenient device used today for Data backup davie, USB sticks are easy to store safely, but also pretty easy to lose.Pros:
- Extremely lightweight and carriageable
- It’s cheap and affordable
- has good speed so it easily transfer the data to other sources
Data Backup Cons:
- carriageable means they’re small and prone to loose
- Questions over read/write lifecycle and long life
- External hard drives are the drives that are connected to computer externally. If using them for backup, it’s best not to use them as an ‘extra every day hard drive’.
- are cheap when compared to other external storage devices
- There is lot of storage space for larger files and maximum data can be stored.
- Potentially open to problems such as an attack from malware while storing the data.
- Time Machine: Specific for Mac users, Time Machine is an option that backs up to external hard drives automatically.
- Automated, means it require updating on regular interval of time period
- This usually backs up whole drive, not limited to key files only
- Time machine is expensive
- This type of storage is limited to Mac only
- Network Attached Storage: Businesses tend to backup their files via network attached storage, the general idea is to save files from more than one source.
- These devices are automatic and backups mean you don’t risk forgetting
- are usually costlier and affordable to business houses only
- Cloud Storage: There are plenty of third party cloud storage options around such as iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive which can be free as well as paid
- A certain amount of space is usually free and huge amount of data can be saved
- Device agnostic
- Requires an internet connection to work
- User can’t account for their security breaches
If you prefer an online Data backup davie, service provider whose focus is more on business and professional users who need greater-availability and full redundancy, then take a look at Data backup davie.