If you are looking for the best stock trading app for beginners to invest in the stock market, likely, your first point of contact to interact with the stock market is your stock trading app for android or IOS. Best stock trading app for beginners that is formed by Depository Participants such as brokers that enables you to access your Demat account and the stock market. You can use the best stock trading apps beginners to check stocks, track stock prices, and even customize the buy and sell of your orders through GTTs, stop losses, and target triggers.
Benefits of Stock Trading Apps
The main benefits of trading through an online best stock trading app for beginners:
- Cost-effectiveness: As compared to a stockbroker, trading through stock trading apps can save you more money. The consulting fee or the commission due to the stockbroker in a traditional style of trading is much higher than the fee charged by the Robo-advisors.
- Good Services: Opening a trading account online is an extremely easy process with the trading mobile application. With the help of a mobile internet connection, you can create an account and also keep tabs on your investments at your own convenience. Online best stock trading apps for beginners also help save time and allow you to carry out your trading activities on the go.
- Always keep tabs: The top stock trading app for beginners are designed to display all your investments and their performance in a single interface. Besides, you can buy and sell your shares any time you want at your convenience, while also evaluating your profits or losses.
- No brokers: In addition to reduced broker fees, the interaction with brokers is also limited with the best stock trading apps for beginners. Investors can choose from a variety of portfolio suggestions made in the best stock trading apps for beginners based on the meticulous research conducted by the brokerage offering the app.
- Faster transactions: With the help of the best stock trading apps for beginners you can place your orders for buying and selling shares quickly on trading apps, the payment and collection for such transactions are also prompt. Best stock trading apps for beginners offer various methods of online payments that facilitate the near-instant transfer of funds between accounts.
- Greater control: With the help of the best stock trading apps for beginners you trade literally at your fingertips, you can buy or sell without having to depend on the availability of your broker. Investors can make trades instantly, evaluate all their options and monitor their investments on their own, without waiting for a broker. As investors can take decisions without external interference, they gain more control of their investments.
- Better understanding: Best stock trading apps for beginners require you to make critical decisions on your own without the constant guidance of a broker, familiarising you with your money.
Top 10 Stock Trading Apps for beginners
Below is the list of top 10 stock trading apps for beginners.
|1||Zerodha KITE app|
|3||Angel Broking app|
|5||Upstox Pro app|
|7||SoFi Invest app|
|10||ANT Mobi – Alice Blue app|
Let’s discuss these apps one by one.
1. Zerodha KITE online best stock trading app for beginners
Zerodha KITE online trading app is an Indian financial services company founded in 2010. It is one of the best stock trading apps for beginners in India with lakhs of customers. Zerodha KITE stock trading app offers an advanced trading application to its customers. It is the flagship trading application of the company. Its trading platform is available for both web and mobile versions. Zerodha KITE stock trading app enables customers to trade at BSE, NSE, and MCX. Zerodha stock trading app is the most innovative stockbroker at this time. With the advancement of technology, the Zerodha KITE stock trading app is trying to make trading and investing convenient, safe, fast, and extremely cheap. It is the top stock trading app for beginners.
- Low fees
- Great trading platforms
- Works well in low bandwidth
- Supports upto 10 regional languages
- Simple, elegant interface
- Good Funds transfer facility
- Slow account opening process
- Only the Indian market covered
- Solid research
- No investor protection
2. Robinhood best stock trading app for beginners
Robinhood is a US-based Stock Trading App established in 2013. Robinhood stock trading app is best known for offering completely free stock trades. Robinhood stock trading app has democratized investing, making it affordable for investors of any age and income. Robinhood stock trading app offers free stock trading and has given many discount brokers to offer free trading as well.
- No account minimum.
- Streamlined interface.
- Cryptocurrency trading.
- No retirement accounts.
- No mutual funds or bonds.
- Limited customer support.
3. Angel Broking best stock trading app for beginners
Angel Broking stock trading app is an Indian stockbroker firm established in 1996. Angel Broking stock trading app is considered one of the leading full-service stockbrokers and offers a range of trade and investment products to its customers in India. Angel Broking stock trading app aspires to meet the diverse trading and investment needs of its customers. For that, the broker has come up with a great online best stock trading app named Angel Broking Mobile App. It is the top stock trading app for beginners.
- Superior trading platforms
- Charges zero rupees for equity delivery
- Strong advisory services via ARQ Prime
- Great offers
- With Pan India presence
- Offline/online transaction facility
- Provides brokerage calculator
- Prescribes minimum brokerage charges
- Does not provide any brokerage calculator.
4. Weibull online best stock trading app for beginners
Webull was founded in the year 2016 but started its app after two years. Webull stock trading app came into the stock trading world in the year 2018. Webull stock trading app allows free stock trading as well as free trades on ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Webull stock trading app also provides you access to various powerful tools that you can use for in-depth trading analysis.
Webull stock trading app is available for both IOS and Android. Webull gives a fabulous combination of intuitive design, strong research and analysis tools, and a wide range of order types. Webull stock trading app has quite a lot to offer no matter what type of investor you might be.
- Commission-free trades on ETFs, stocks, and options
- Intuitive design
- No account minimum
- Powerful charting tools
- The average offering of investment options
- Customer support could stand to improve
5. Upstox Pro best stock trading app for beginners
Upstox Pro stock trading app is one of India’s fastest-growing discount brokers. Upstox Pro stock trading app founded in 2011 is a private discount broker located in Mumbai, India. It gives a range of investment services at reduced commission rates. Upstox Pro stock trading app for beginners presents multiple trading platforms. It gives access to financial products like mutual funds and options.
- Search tool to get simple and complex stocks.
- One can apply 100+ technical indicators on real-time charts
- One can trade directly from charts with the Trade From Charts feature
- One can set an unlimited number of price alerts for instant updates
- Create an unlimited number of customized watchlists
- Historic data for the last 10 years
- Back office app not available
- Investors cannot monitor the linked bank account details in the app
- Navigation from one menu to another is a little cumbersome.
6. 5paisa online best stock trading app for beginners
5paisa stock trading app started its operations in March 2016. It got listed on stock exchanges in November 2017. 5paisa stock trading app is the best online stock broker giving discount brokerage services to retail investors in India. 5paisa online trading is open for commodity, equity, and currency at BSE, NSE, and MCX. It is a flat rate discount stockbroker. It charges a 20 Rs brokerage irrespective of the size of the segment, trade, or exchange.
- Low brokerage at flat Rs 20
- Free trading platforms for mobile, desktop, and web
- Free research advice on trading
- Paperless Aadhaar account opening process
- A popular non-banking financial institution
- Listed in NSE and BSE
- No commodity trading
- No 3-in-1 accounts
- Average customer service
7. SoFi Invest online best stock trading app for beginners
SoFi stock trading app was founded in 2011. SoFi stands for Social Finance, Inc. is an American online personal finance company. SoFi stock trading app mobile-first service based in San Francisco. SoFi gives a suite of financial products that involve student loan refinancing, personal loans, credit cards, mortgages, investing, and banking through both their mobile app and desktop interfaces.
- Low fees
- Easily trade full or fractional shares
- Member events
- Limited tradable assets
- Few types of accounts
8. Edelweiss online best stock trading app for beginners
Edelweiss Broking Ltd. is a Mumbai, India-based full-service stockbroking firm and was incorporated in 2008. Edelweiss Broking Ltd. is a part of Edelweiss Group, which was incorporated in the year 1995, a leading diversified financial services conglomerate. Edelweiss stock trading app gives the best trading platforms such as mobile app, websites, or desktop trading software. All trading platforms of Edelweiss stock trading are reliable and easy to understand, with the Edelweiss best stock trading app being the highest-rated app in India.
- One of the most reputed research and advisory firm in India
- Availability of brokerage to suit both traders and investors
- Good offline availability with more than 4300 sub-brokers in various cities of India
- Free Call and trade facility
- Easy and reliable stock trading platforms for all the devices
- Comparatively higher brokerage charges wrt other brokers
- High Account opening and AMC charges
- No 3-in-1 Demat account
- Customer service is not upto the mark
9. FYERS best stock trading app for beginners
FYERS stock trading app is a Bangalore-based discount stockbroker and was founded in the year 2015. They started their operation quite late compared to other discount brokers and hence missed out on the first to market opportunity.
They have invested their focus and resources in building a premier mobile stock trading app.
- Indicator templates for user convenience
- Many watchlists, Stock Screeners and Heat Maps
- Options Calculator
- Application is not updated very frequently by the broker
- No price alert feature is provided
10. Alice Blue Mobile best stock trading app for beginners
ANT Mobi is a powerful mobile trading app by Alice Blue launched in May 2017. The ANT Mobi stock trading app enables its clients to analyze and trade different financial instruments at BSE, NSE, and MCX. The client can analyze the market, evaluate real-time market data, and instruments with easy-to-follow tools, place orders with a few taps, and check the portfolio and useful news feeds. ANT Mobi stock trading app allows a comfortable yet powerful trading experience. ANT Mobi application is extremely stable, secure, and fast.
ANT Mobi stock trading app has gone through multiple iterations of upgrades to satisfy client expectations over time. ANT Mobi stock trading application is available for Android and Apple iOS smartphones.
- Trading Platform is backed by ANT.
- NEST provides a Risk and Order Management System to grasp the trading strategy.
- ANT Trading Application is available for free to all its clients.
- Allows access to a range of third-party online trading tools and apps.
- The free daily market report is available to all clients.
- NCD and Corporate bonds are not available.
- Call & Trade are available at an extra ₹20 per executed order.
- Presence of many third-party products makes the site cluttered.
- One cannot expect quality assistance.
A stock trading app for android or ios gives a convenient trading experience, and most applications are now full of features to suit all your needs. Stock trading through mobile applications proffers investors the confidence to try into the stock market without constant spoon-feeding. Top stock trading apps for beginners provides them a sense of control and the ability to idly explore options that are well-suited for them, in their own time.
Top Stock Trading App for Beginners – FAQs
Q1. What is the stock trading app in India?
Ans. The stock trading app is a technology-driven application program that is tailor-made and customized with interface and data points to allow beginner and expert investors to execute their trade requirements over the stock exchange.
Q2: Why use a stock trading app?
Ans. Investors are using online trading options, and since the prices can change at any moment, they want to capitalize on every price change on the go. Therefore, most of the trade happens using a mobile phone and a compatible trading app that supports all the features of a stock trading app for beginners while easy to understand and operate.
Q3. What are the features of the top stock trading app for beginners?
Ans. The features that the top stock trading app for beginners would be able to deliver:
- Ratings and reviews
Q4. Which is the top stock trading app for beginners in India?
Ans. The top stock trading app for beginners in India are as follow:
- Zerodha KITE online trading mobile app
- Angel Broking App
- Upstox Pro App