Founded in 1987, Angel Group has become a part of the top three retail broking houses in India. It is a member of BSE and NSE as well as the commodities exchanges NCDEX and MCX. They are also registered as a depository participant with CDSL.
Angel Broking offers many different retail stock broking services which include :
- Portfolio Management Services
- Wealth Management Services
- Investment Advisory
- Commodities Trading
Angel Broking provides a one stop solution for all investment needs. The company is headquartered in Mumbai but has branches across 900 Indian cities and 8500 sub brokers and more than a million customers. They also provide services to more than 80,000 NRIs across the world.
With help of Angel Broking you can trade in equity, futures and options, commodities and even in international currency. They not only provide a platform for trading in Mutual Funds but also help apply for IPOs and provide guidance to retail investors for trading in secondary market.
Read More: Personal Finance Blogs in India
They have been given many distinguished awards related to financial sector such as being top performer in BSE equity segment in 2015 and best equity brokerage of 2015.
Angel Broking: Best Demat Trading Platforms
Angel Broking offers many different trading platforms to their clients
- Angel Eye – A portfolio tracking application that opens with browser and has various features including screen for different market segments and live market updates.
- Angel Speed Pro – A trading platform app that provides regular updates and makes it possible for investors from different terminals to access the market.
- Angel Trade – A trading platform which opens from your browser. It is of great utility to investors and traders to gain access to the market.
- Angel Lite – It is mobile trading tool that is browser based and provides facility to gain access to live market updates
- Angel Swift – A versatile mobile app for accessing the market using mobile devices of different kinds. It can perform both equity and commodities trading.
Brokerage Charges charged by Angel Broking
Angel Broking charges brokerage based on volume. The higher the quantum of change the less the brokerage they charge.
- For equity delivery Angel Broking charges from 0.4% to 0.1% which is very competitive and compares favorably with Bank Paribas which charges 0.3% and is less than ShareKhan, Reliance Securities and HDFC Securities which charges 0.5%
- For intraday trade Angel Broking charges from 0.04% to 0.01% which is much more affordable when compared with established names such as ICICI Direct which charges 0.275% and HDFC Securities which charges 0.1%. Angel Broking is a great brokerage house if you are an intraday trader.
- Future trading and derivative trading charges with Angel Broking range between 0.04% and 0.01% which is comparable to what is charged by Reliance at 0.04% and BNP Paribas at 0.03%
- In Options trading for Equity, Angel Broking charges INR 60 per lot which is in line with the average charged by its competitors such as ICICI which asks for INR 35-75 per lot and Sharekhan which asks for INR 100 per lot or 2.5% whichever amount is higher.
- For currency options Angel Broking charges at 0.04% to 0.01% which is close to median of what is charged by its competitors. For currency futures Angel Broking charges INR 30 per lot which is slightly on the higher side since BNP Paribas charges at INR 10 – 15 per lot and HDFC Securities asks for INR 23 per lot.
- In commodity trading Angel Broking charges 0.04% to 0.01% which is a reasonable average of what the competitors charge. Sharekhan charges more at 0.1% and Indiabulls charges less at 0.03%.
Read More: Forex Trading Signal Guide
What are the advantages of Angel Broking
- They have user friendly interface of their trading platform which can be accessed through browser
- They allow investors different options of investment from equity to options and commodities. They also allow trading in Mutual funds and currency
- The time allowed to squaring off is 3:15 PM and a retail investor is allowed to trade up to 4 times of the value of his account.
- The trading account can be linked to accounts held in reputed private banks such as HDFC and ICICI bank.
- They have presence in over 900 cities
- They provide single window access to BSE, NSE and commodity exchanges MCX and NCDEX
- Trading is possible across many devices such as laptops and smart phones using both browser and app based trading
- Dedicated support staff who provide advice through phone, email as well as live chat and sms
Angel Broking Demat account comes in 4 variations
- Angel Classic which is from INR 10,000 to INR 24,999 with account maintenance charges of INR 450 per year
- Angel Preferred which is from INR 25,000 to INR 49,999 with nil account maintenance charges for first years and INR 450 thereafter
- Angel Premier INR 50,000 to INR 99,999 nil account maintenance charges for first two years and INR 450 thereafter
- Angel Elite INR 100,000 and above with nil account maintenance charges for first three years and INR 450 thereafter
Angel Broking Demat account provides margin up to 10 times of account deposit and free SMS investment advisory for a period of three months.
Read More: Day Trading Tips for Beginer 2020